THE 2023 HARD WASTE REGISTER IS NOW CLOSED – 12noon 08/09/2023
Council provides a FREE annual HARD WASTE COLLECTION to residents and ratepayers.
PHONE COUNCIL ON 6250 9200 to register your address. Bookings are essential, No Booking No Collection.
At the time of your booking, Council staff will advise you what date your items will need to be placed out for collection. All items need to be left at the front of your property on the date specified as collections may commence as early as 7am. Any item/s not ready for collection prior to councils arrival will NOT be collected at a later date, property owners will be responsible for disposing of the items.
HARD WASTE MUST BE….
- Less than 2 metres in length
- 2 cubic meters maximum – 2 metres (L) x 2 metres (H) x 2 metres (W)
- 50kg or less in weight
- Furniture – Chairs, Lounges, Cupboards
- Beds including mattresses and ensemble bases
- Clothes Dryers
- Children’s Toys including bikes and outdoor play equipment
- Scrap metal (up to 2 metres in length)
- Timber (up to 2 metres in length)
- Tools, Electric Tools and Gardening equipment
- Carpet and Linoleum (rolled and tied with rope)
- Kitchenware including pottery and crockery, small electrical appliances
- Exercise Equipment
- Fridges or Freezers
- Green Waste
- Oils or Liquids of any type, including paint cans with residual liquid.
- Construction Materials – Asbestos, Bricks, Concrete, Plasterboard, Broken Glass, Soil or Rocks, Ceramics including Toilets and Basins.
- Household Waste and items in plastic Bags
- Hazardous Materials – Chemicals of any type, Gas Bottles
- Vehicle Parts – Engines, Body Panels, Tyres and Batteries