Supporting Small Business
Tasman Council is proud to be one of the founding members of the South Eastern Regional Development Association (SERDA), which aims to support and promote business and economic activity in the region.
SERDA has been pivotal in the creation of BEST (Business & Employment Southeast Tasmania), a community designed program providing a localised and flexible, person centred approach to delivering employment services to the community.
BEST provides businesses an opportunity to connect with free business advice through Enterprise Centres Tasmania. This service offers one on one advice from an experienced business advisor.
Employers looking for recruitment services and training are well catered for by a team who knows that ‘the right fit’ is essential, and who know the local market and local people. You can get in touch with Olivia (0458 953 324) or Martin (0484 257 332) or email email@example.com for more information.
If it’s training you are looking for, BEST has access to a range of training packages and providers and will help you to find the right package for you or your business.
Looking for work? BEST offers a local jobs board and will help you with your individual journey to employment with tailored assistance and advice.
To contact BEST go to www.bestas.com.au
You may also like to contact Business Tasmania, who are a State Government organisation, especially designed to connect small business with resources and assistance. Their assistance includes advice on starting a business, funding for small business, and a range of fact sheets, training opportunities for business owner and assistance with marketing and other aspects of business management.
Business Tasmania can be contacted on 1800 440 026 or at www.business.tas.gov.au
Tasman Council serves to provide a supportive business environment in terms of processes, incentives, communication networks and information.
We can provide assistance in:
- Facilitating development opportunities;
- Identifying development sites and opportunities consistent with the municipal land-use planning scheme.
- Provision of information and advice to potential developers
- Marketing the local area as a place of business and a visitor destination
- Active involvement in regional development issues
- Acting as a lobbyist or advocate on local industry
- Undertaking settlement revitalisation projects
For further information contact Tasman Council, on (03) 6250 9200 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources to assist you
The Governance and Strategy Department can assist you by:
- Providing statistics on the local area and region to assist you in developing a business proposal
- Assist you to identify suitable sites to establish your business
- Facilitate meetings with key Council personnel to discuss your proposal
- Advising on government programs that may be of assistance
- Linking you to relevant local and regional industry groups and networks
- Referrals to business assistance and advisory services if required
- Referrals for environmental & heritage assessments
- Discussing possible rate remissions for developments that provide a direct community benefit
Unfortunately, Tasman Council is not able to provide information on whether your business proposal looks viable, how to operate your business, or one off assistance with training, development of business plans, business budgets or similar. However, we can direct you to other services that can provide this specialist assistance.